Visual Merchandising Director - Mens, Baby/Kids
Based at our corporate office in Minneapolis, this position will develop and implement the visual components of a unified, brand right store experience that presents our priorities in a compelling way while delivering financial goals for specified business and/or space. This individual will collaborate to develop the visual merchandising strategy, brand standards, and a road map for a specified business and/or space for all Target stores to follow.
In this position, you will consult with leaders of Merchandise Space & Presentation, Merchandising, Product Design & Development (PD&D), In Store Marketing (ISM) and Store/Fixture design teams to elevate in-store presentation and drive sales for a specified area by utilizing visual merchandising principles, color theories, and thorough knowledge of competitor presentation best-practices.
Use your skills, experience and creativity to develop groundbreaking innovation and set visionary goals. As a Visual Merchandising Director, you'll take the lead as you…
- Develop visual merchandising strategy and brand standards for specific business and / or space focusing in Men's and Baby/Kids
- Understand strategic merchandising initiatives for areas of accountability and develop visual concepts for each season and merchant initiative based on the visual merchandising roadmap
- Partner with Core Space and Presentation, Fixturing, Marketing and Store Operations to communicate and execute visual concepts for each season and merchant initiative based on Visual Merch Roadmap
- Partner with field Visual Merchandising leadership to ensure consistent high quality execution of visual ideas through providing vision and tools, creating communications and training content, and performing audits
- Supports VP in preparation for Senior Leadership alignment walk throughs
- Leads visual presentation on innovation and re-invent projects
- Develop the in-store visual strategy in partnership with guest insights, PD&D, Space & Presentation and Merch SVPs on all designated visual impact areas within the store
- Determine new ways to create strategic VIA's or shops that will help to draw guests into apparel and home floorpads, and drive traffic through the various brands
- 4 year college degree in Visual Merchandising, Art, Design, or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 8+ years visual merchandising experience in Apparel & Accessories, preferably in a Baby/Kids business
- Consistent knowledge of competitive landscape both in store and virtual.
- Exceptional communication skills along with an ability to influence without direct authority and build effective partnerships
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexibility, resiliency and nimbleness; comfortable working in “gray areas” that are constantly changing
- Comfortable taking risks, working through ambiguity and making decisions quickly
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to create innovative solutions
- Proven aptitude for training best practices
- 5+ years experience in a corporate office of a multi-unit retail organization
- Previous Brand Management experience
- Familiar with Outlook, MAC Adobe suite, Microsoft Word and Excel