Sr. Android Engineer
JOIN US AS A SENIOR ANDROID ENGINEER
About This Opportunity
We deliver the mobile framework and future innovation for the Target's internal mobile environment. Our products improve the team member experience, efficiency and productivity while reducing the overall support costs. We are a small team of engineers that work collaboratively to grow and learn together and aren't afraid of challenging problems.
Use your skills, experience and creativity to bring groundbreaking thinking and a visionary approach to our high performance team.
As an Android Software Engineer/Senior Android Software Engineer - Mobile you will:
- Keep abreast of technology trends and advances in mobile and wearable technologies
- Research, evaluate and provide objective feedback on technologies
- Inform innovation design with relevant technology insights
- Develop fully functional prototypes to objectively test against hypotheses
- Be able to produce clear and concise technical deliverables for internal and external use
- Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of experience in software design & development
- 3+ years of experience developing apps for Android
- Experience with distributing mobile applications via public app stores and/or enterprise channels
- Experience performance profiling and tuning consumer facing mobile applications
- Excellent hands on skills with Android application development tools, including Android Studio, Android SDK and ADT
- Excellent knowledge of working with dynamic data using services (e.g., JSON, XML, REST APIs etc.
- Good communicator and team player with strong organizational skills
- Proactively helps drive innovation within the company
- Has in-depth knowledge of state-of-the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
- Experience integrating with Maven and using other third party frameworks tools and SDKs, such as Volley, Picasso and Stripe
- Experience with continuous delivery in mobile, including Test- or Behavior-Driven Design, code review, static analysis, continuous integration, automation and functional testing.
- Experience with authenticated sessions using OAuth and authentication tokens
- Experience with iOS development
- Experience across the entire stack
- Experience developing highly successful apps that enjoy wide scale distribution
- Experience building native apps and hybrid apps
- Experience with design/development/use of analytics and tracking solutions (e.g., Signal, Flurry, Google Analytics)
- Experience with agile methodology