Estimator - Steel Industry
Doherty Career Solutions is recruiting for an Estimator for an innovative client looking to being the leader in the steel erection services. Their main lines of business include: Steel, Joist, Deck Erectors, and Ironwork--Miscellaneous & Ornamental. Work with purchasing agents, architects & engineers to provide a cost effective estimating solution that fosters the purchase of the company's services. They are making changes to industry by applying technological innovation for their bidding process. This position is a full-time opportunity located in Maple Plain, MN.
- Read and understand job bid instructions
- Review detailed specifications
- Conduct take-offs from plans (printed and electronic)
- Estimate material, labor, and equipment cost
- Prepare pricing estimates
- Prepare proposals
- Prepare change orders
- Attend bid/contractor meetings
- Develop new customer relationships
- Review contracts
- Assist with scheduling
- 3+ years' of progressively responsible experience estimating structural steel construction.
- 2+ years' experience working in a similar or related position
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of customary construction terminology and knowledge estimating software packages.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
To apply for the Estimator position, please click Apply Now and complete our online application. For questions or further information about the Estimator position, please call our Doherty Career Solutions office directly at 952-832-8390 or email@example.com
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app