Health Education and Risk Reduction Program Assistant
Minnesota AIDS Project (www.mnaidsproject.org) seeks a part-time Health Education and Risk-Reduction Program Assistant. The assistant is part of a peer-based, mission-driven team dedicated to stopping HIV and enhancing the well-being of those affected by HIV. The assistant provides administrative support to assure efficient functioning of agency HIV risk-reduction programs. The assistant supports the delivery of innovative HIV education and support services that empower health-promoting choices for HIV-positive gay, queer, bisexual men and other men who have sex with men. This position also supports programing with a target population of young (18-29) African American or multiracial gay/bisexual/queer men and other men who have sex with men. An ability to gain the trust and confidence of individuals within the target populations is essential to success in this position and those with lived experiences within the target populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
· Manage program forms and record keeping.
· Support program staff and leadership in meeting government contract requirements including data collection and reporting deadlines.
· Assist program staff to maintain current, accurate data collection.
· Assist the Positive Link Health Education Coordinator in the delivery of group services such as support group and social outings.
· Facilitate program follow-through by making reminder contacts with clients and participants.
· Assist with tracking and distribution of program incentives.
· Assist with note taking and record keeping for community advisory board and team meetings.
· Maintain understanding of HIV disease, transmission and services.
· Collaborate with agency and community HIV professionals and stakeholders.
· Track and report program data.
- Demonstrated comfort in addressing Gay/Bi/MSM/Queer and Transgender health issues. Individuals from these communities are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated expertise working with African American and multi-racial communities who are disproportionately impacted by HIV. Those with lived experiences in these communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with HIV-positive people, and those engaged in risk behaviors for HIV in individual and group settings. Individuals from this target population encouraged to apply.
- Comfort working with topics including: HIV health, chemical health, mental health and sexual health from a harm-reduction perspective.
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus one year administrative work experience. Work experience in nonprofit or human service settings preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) and comfortable using other electronic recording systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated capacity for detail orientation.
Apply for Health Education and Risk Reduction Program Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly