Doherty Career Solutions is recruiting for a confident designer/drafter within the automotive/power sports industry. This position will be responsible for leading and assisting the design process of automotive/power sports components and systems from concept to production in order to achieve the product objectives within a specified time.
*This is a minimum of a 6 month contract with possibility to extend
- Establishes a reasonable project development schedule from concept to production implementation in line with overall business requirements.
- Supports all design related component styling, purchasing and manufacturing issues with emphasis on quality, reliability, timely delivery, and cost.
- Determines ideal component manufacturing route to ensure overall design, performance, and cost conformance.
- Analyze existing and new designs to identify and implement cost reduction opportunities.
- Determines nature and type of electronic models, detail drawings, and analysis required to support the above and supervises their release through the release cycle.
- Coordinate, mentor, and supervise designers and engineers within the team.
- Prepares preliminary sketches and/or schematic diagrams and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solution of engineering problems.
- Participates in design reviews on projects to ensure adequate input and involvement from all interested groups.
- Analyzes field problems and recommends possible solutions.
- Assists in the preparation of the monthly project status report.
- Represents the Company at engineering/legal standards conformance meetings; prepares record searches, depositions, site, and vehicle examination reports as required.
- Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
- 2 years of Pro/Engineer, PTC Creo, Creo Elements, or similar CAD software experience.