This position is responsible for assisting customers with their selections, assuring the quality and freshness of product, assuring that the appropriate variety of product is available, merchandising according to department standards, following all food safety and sanitation procedures, and assisting other members of the retail team as needed to assure customer service excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following description of work to be performed by this individual is not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, it focuses on the major tasks that must be accomplished. There are many necessary activities to satisfy any of the following performance guidelines.
- Greet and provide assistance to customers. Model the Lund Food Holdings customer service standards at all times.
- Maximize product sales by telling customers about products, offering samples and suggestions for use, preparation and menu ideas.
- Prepare product for self-service sale by wrapping, weighing, and pricing in accordance with department specifications.
- Assure that all stock is maintained at the appropriate level by restocking cases and shelves as needed to assure that adequate inventory levels of each product are displayed to avoid lost sales from product shortages.
- Follow stock rotation guidelines to assure that distressed and close dated product is removed from the sales floor at the appropriate time to maximize product freshness and quality for our customers.
- Follow all food safety guidelines including hand washing, sanitizing, cooling, heating, and storing of product to guard against contamination and assure that all products are safe for consumption.
- Follow all safety guidelines to ensure that safe work practices are used at all times to maintain a safe working and shopping environment.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area including sales floor and backroom areas that are free from debris and clutter with clean floors, cases, shelves, glass, clean and organized coolers and/or storage areas, and clean and/or sanitized equipment and/or tools as appropriate for the area.
- Maintain pricing integrity by ensuring that products are labeled and priced correctly and errors that do occur are immediately brought to the attention of the manager and corrected.
- Follow prescribed merchandising guidelines to assure that product is presented in the most desirable way to maximize appearance, presentation, and sales.
- Assist in receiving product deliveries, providing an accurate accounting of quantities and items received to assure that receiving records reflect an accurate accounting of goods delivered.
OTHER JOB DUTIES (Not considered essential to the job)
Perform all other related assignments (including special projects) as required in a professional and cooperative manner.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Licensing Required: Ability to obtain Food safety certification
- Experience in retail
- Other required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Service oriented with high energy and a friendly demeanor
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound judgment, decision making, and problem solving skills
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects
- Comply with USDA, FDA, OSHA, and all other regulatory agencies
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English
OTHER REQUIREMENTS/EQUIPMENT USED, IF APPLICABLE
- Office Equipment (this may include computer, phone, scanner, copier and fax machine)
- Kitchen Equipment (this may include slicers, ovens, fryers, grills, griddles, rotisseries, shrink wrappers, scales and Bain Marie)