The Campus Planner/Architect will direct and coordinate all architectural planning and design for the University of South Dakota's campus. The position will provide direct oversight of contract planning, administration, and long term planning for deferred maintenance and assist in the development of the ten-year Maintenance repair program. Develops and implements the appropriate financial record regarding facilities and construction activities. Coordinates with the Director of Construction Management on the planning, design, and construction of new capital improvement projects. Advises the administration on all institutional policies and procedures related to the management of facilities planning and architectural design. Researches, develops, and prepares preliminary and final plans for short and long-range campus planning projects. Performs various aspects of campus planning including area plans, land use studies, campus zoning, and impact analysis. TMA Project Documentation and TMA project time recording.
* Outstanding interpersonal skills to deal with a multitude of clients and employees.
* Must be organized, detailed and results oriented, have strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on the best interests of the campus community.
* Possess the skills necessary to independently analyze an issue to identify the proper questions, obtain the necessary information, organize and analyze the data, form conclusions, formulate and perform appropriate actions.
* 3-5 years experience as a campus planner and/or campus architect.
* Bachelors or Masters of Architecture from an NAAB accredited program and/or an architectural license strongly preferred
* Other engineering licenses (not civil) with appropriate experience may be considered.
* LEED AP BD+C certification preferred.
* Intermediate skill with Microsoft Office, required.
To apply go to https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu/
Posting #0008417 EEO/AA