CEO / General Manager - BlueChip Financial
CEO / General Manager BlueChip Financial
BlueChip Financial, dba Spotloan, provides a short term loan product designed to help the unbanked and underbanked gain access to credit at a cost to the consumer at close to half of the competition. Spotloan has helped revolutionize the way people get access to emergency capital. It teams with some of the most sophisticated FinTech vendors in the world using machine learning and big data fraud detection and underwriting models. Since its establishment in 2012 Spotloan has provided almost half a million loans to hundreds of thousands of Americans in need. BlueChip Financial is a tribally-owned entity organized under and governed by the laws of the Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Indians of North Dakota, a federally recognized Indian Tribe.
About the Job
As BlueChip’s CEO/General Manager, you will report directly to both the BlueChip Financial Board as well as the Tribal Council. You will have full accountability and responsibility for the overall performance of the Spotloan business including providing clear leadership and direction to the business, assuring implementation of its objectives, coaching and developing the talent needed to accomplish high performance standards, ensuring solid operating and financial performance, building out additional company infrastructure to position the business for rapid growth, and maintaining the business as a leading provider of high quality financial services to the underbanked.
Responsibilities cover a variety of areas including (but not limited to):
- Manage P&L, setting financial goals for portfolio performance.
- Maintain accurate cash controls and security procedures.
- Prepare Monthly Business Reviews, reviewing operating results with BCF board of directors and identify areas of opportunity for increased profits and/or decreased expenses.
- Oversee budgets and business plans as well as expansion of business on the reservation in Belcourt, ND.
- Maintain an ongoing marketing strategy and conduct market analysis/strategy to increase total market share and new, profitable loans
- Recruit, hire, train, discipline, evaluate, develop, and terminate employees
- Implement performance management system for senior management team. Mentor and coach management, recognizing and developing skills/abilities of employees in order to meet company objectives
- Motivate, train and develop team members; cultivate a culture of cooperation, excellent customer service and high performance
- Oversee bonuses and payroll
- Oversee team in collections from past due, (NSF), and write-offs, consistent with company policy and regulatory requirements.
- BA/BS in business or related field; Master’s degree or greater in business or finance preferred
- Analytical powerhouse & accomplished value creator; Strategic – goal oriented
- Deep experience and expertise in developing & shaping strategies, building/optimizing businesses or product lines, managing P&Ls, and driving business growth
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis
- Steep career trajectory characterized by increasing levels of responsibility and bona fide examples of driving value creation through innovation
- Proven team leader, proven thought leadership
- Executive presence/gravitas, polished executive-level communication skills (written & oral)
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.