BlueChip Financial, dba Spotloan, provides a short term loan product designed to help the unbanked and underbanked gain access to credit at a cost to the consumer at close to half of the competition. Spotloan has helped revolutionize the way people get access to emergency capital. It teams with some of the most sophisticated FinTech vendors in the world using machine learning and big data fraud detection and underwriting models. Since its establishment in 2012 Spotloan has provided almost half a million loans to hundreds of thousands of Americans in need. BlueChip Financial is a tribally-owned entity organized under and governed by the laws of the Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Indians of North Dakota, a federally recognized Indian Tribe.
About the Job
As the Controller/Finance Manager you will be overseeing and performing the general accounting function, which includes, cash management/reconciliation, accounts payable, billing, accounts receivable and financial reporting. A successful Controller/Finance Manager will have a strong general accounting background and a minimum of 10 years experience managing accounting and finance functions. She or he will have experience managing audits, maintaining accounting records, setting up or improving internal controls, budgeting, evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to executive leadership.
- Develop tools and systems to provide accurate records which support all financial transactions with and reporting to affiliates
- Prepare monthly journal entries and perform month-end/close
- Prepare reconciliations of general ledger accounts and review A/P and A/R entries for accuracy
- Ensure strong cash management by performing daily wires, daily cash reconciliations, and monthly reconciliations between loan activity, bank activity and bank statements
- Manage general accounting, accounts payable and payroll, as well as coordinate and complete annual and quarterly audits, thereby driving professional excellence
- Lead process improvement efforts while streamlining processes to effectively report financial results
- Ensure that Company financial statements are prepared and maintained in accordance with internal policies and procedures and US GAAP
- Review monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure compliance with internal controls
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement to identify, develop and implement process changes to increase efficiency
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance, followed by 10+ years of relevant experience, including an established record of success in progressively more responsible supervisory/managerial positions; CPA required
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting
- Excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Fast paced start-up experience highly desired
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org