POSITION: Appointment Scheduler
REPORTS TO: Scheduling Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: This individual is responsible for scheduling all patient appointments with necessary physician over the telephone in a professional and courteous manner, ensuring the patient feels welcome to the practice and continues coming here to receive top quality care, and monitoring and modifying physician-scheduling templates, as necessary to maximize efficiency.
- Reviews the schedule status daily for the remainder of the week and the following two weeks.
- Schedules all appointments with the appropriate physician to ensure top quality care to patients.
- Cancels and reschedules appointments, as necessary; follows-up on no shows.
- Monitors and modifies the physicians’ daily schedules, blocks schedules for vacation days and time out of the office.
- Ability to effectively triage “emergency” calls from patients to ensure appropriate scheduling.
- In coordination with team member calls all non-surgical “no-shows’ and offers to reschedule or provide further assistance.
- Assists in general office duties and other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years minimum experience in a medical practice
- Familiar with an EMR system, preferred MedInformatix
- Strong computer skills, High accuracy a must
- Ability to provide great customer service in a fast pace environment
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High level of customer service.
- Management of multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Motivation to succeed.
- Empathetic personality giving attention to patient’s needs and concerns.
- Maintains healthy, respectful relationships with all co-workers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization with attention to detail.
- Positive attitude, mature, conscientious and accountable
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
We offer excellent compensation and benefits. To apply: Email to HR@nseyespecialists.com or Mail resume to: North Suburban Eye Specialists, Attn: HR, 3777 Coon Rapids Blvd. Coon Rapids, MN 55433 OR Fax: 763-421-0730 Attn: HR
North Suburban Eye Specialists is an affirmative action employer.
Apply for Appointment Scheduler
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly