The Unclaimed Property Professionals Organization (UPPO), is seeking an energetic association professional for the deputy director position. This individual will join a small, flexible team to manage day-to-day operations and drive strategic initiatives with focus on the development and implementation of advocacy, membership growth and retention plans.
Applications must include resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Staff Management & Relationship Building
- Manage and supervise the Meetings and Curriculum Development Manager and the freelance marketing contractor.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of UPPO.
- Work with UPPO’s Executive Director to execute strategic initiatives to achieve UPPO’s goals.
- Draft information as requested for the Board of Directors and attend the Board of Directors meetings.
- Take a leadership role with any short and/or long term coalitions and/or trade associations to address issues of common interest.
- Foster relationships with state unclaimed property administrators as appropriate.
- Management of Government Relations and Advocacy Program
- Serve as staff liaison to the government relations and advocacy committee
- Assist working groups and task forces with organizational and operating needs.
- Research and identify pertinent issues.
- Coordinate advocacy strategies including position development and drafting comment letters.
- Manage and implement grassroots advocacy programs that engage members in communicating UPPO’s message(s) to policymakers.
- Work closely with the meeting and curriculum development manager to ensure relevant advocacy topics and content are developed for association education.
- Monitor proposed legislation and regulations, with the assistance of a third party firm, and work with leadership to evaluate their impact on members.
- Working with third party firm, oversee weekly content for govWATCH program.
- Management of Membership
- Serve as staff liaison to the member services committee
- Develop and execute recruitment and retention campaigns.
- Manage third party firm executing prospecting efforts.
- Prepare budgets and monitor expenditures to meet membership recruitment and retention goals.
- Develop and draft articles for advocacy communications including monthly newsletters, govWATCH emails, blog posts and website content.
- Create monthly advocacy reports for the board of directors.
- Serve as the staff liaison for all media inquiries, establishing a process with volunteer leadership to address all media requests as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Five-ten years work experience in association management.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing advocacy and membership growth/retention strategies.
- Prior experience managing/supervising a team.
- Proficient with social media platforms for successful development and execution of social media strategies to further UPPO’s advocacy and membership value message.
- Able to analyze, interpret and communicate (verbally and written) current and proposed legislation and regulations.
- Able to quickly learn complex and ambiguous subject-matter.
- Comfortable speaking with government officials and industry influencers.
- Able to research, identify and organize legislative issues of interest to the association’s members and in line with the association’s strategic advocacy goals.
- Excellent customer service skills, including written and oral skills for member, vendor and freelancer interaction.
- Organized with ability to successfully multitask and problem-solve.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Proficient with use of technology including but not limited to Microsoft Office 2010.
- Overnight travel is required one-four times per year.