Program Coordinator II - Graduate Programs in Software
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Program Coordinator II position within the School of Engineering.
The purpose of this position is to assist the Associate Dean for the Graduate Programs of the School of Engineering, and Graduate Programs in Software (GPS) faculty and staff in accomplishing university and departmental goals and to perform daily multi-faceted office functions in a fast-paced environment. This person is responsible for public relations, assisting in recruitment and prospective student communication, admissions processing and applicant management, GPS faculty and student services, front desk support and general office management. Serves as main point of contact for Graduate Student Services – Engineering and Software departments.
1. Public relations:
- First point of contact for Graduate Engineering and Graduate Software departments through telephone, email, mail, and walk-in inquiries.
- Screen phone calls and correspondence to handle independently or delegate to the correct Graduate Engineering or Graduate Software team member.
- Provide timely communication between Graduate Software faculty, staff, and students through person-to-person, e-mail, and phone contact.
2. Recruitment and Prospective Student Communication:
- Respond to and follow-up on all e-mail requests from prospective students requesting information, application materials, and individual consultation requests.
- Assemble and mail application information folders to all prospective student inquiries.
- Maintain recruitment information in Salesforce EnrollmentRx
- Follow up on all Open Touchpoints in Salesforce EnrollmentRx
- Represent Graduate Programs in Software at recruitment events (information sessions, community events and conferences) as needed.
- Follow up with recruits with e-mail and/or phone communications.
- Set up individual consultation appointments with the Associate Dean.
3. Graduate Software and Graduate Engineering Admissions and Applicant Management:
- Answer all applicant inquiries regarding application status, needed items, program requirements, etc.
- Use Salesforce to notify applicant if additional items are needed (such as missing transcripts, etc.)
- Route miscellaneous transcripts and applicant documents to Grad Admissions department
- Scan applicant documents into Optix.
4. Graduate Software Faculty and Student Services:
- Demonstrate customer service in a friendly, helpful, and professional manner.
- Copy course materials, maintain classroom supplies, and order desk copies from publishers.
- Proctor makeup midterm and final exams for students.Create and distribute mid-semester course evaluations. Send reminders to faculty regarding final evaluations.
- Create and manage adjunct faculty contracts each term.
- Solicit book orders and syllabi from faculty each term. Store syllabi in department Sharepoint account.Coordinate faculty curriculum meetings and take meeting minutes.
- Update and distribute Faculty Handbook in spring and fall semesters.
- Coordinate the Graduate Software Faculty and Staff Annual Business Meeting (dinner and speaker event)
- Coordinate user group meetings, brown bag seminars, information sessions, etc. (reserve rooms and order catering, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned by Associate Dean.
5. General Office/Clerical:
- Collect and maintain student, department, and faculty information through electronic and paper-based filing.
- Open and distribute mail twice a day.
- Order office supplies and use the online Request for Services to initiate repairs, parking permits, catering orders, etc.
- Make copies, fax documents, and replenish copier/printer supplies as needed.
- Order office supplies, letterhead, envelopes, marketing materials (keep office well stocked)
- Pay subscriptions and membership fees.
- Assist with hiring, supervising and developing student worker.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.Qualifications:
Minimum qualifications: High School education or equivalent and three years of clerical/administrative experience, preferably in Higher Education.
Preferred qualifications: a Bachelor’s degree, and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
Knowledge of: University policies and procedures; Familiarity with PC computers preferred. Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office Suite and other computer applications related to the work; business letter writing techniques to include accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation;
Skill in: strong “people” skills to successfully interact with the public and persons from different backgrounds and cultures. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Accuracy in typing, grammar, punctuation and spelling. Must be comfortable in an open door office environment with multiple co-workers. Ability to work with frequent interruptions. Must be flexible and demonstrate ability to coordinate, delegate and multi-task. Ability to read and explain rules, policies, and procedures; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than “Jobs at St. Thomas”, the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer