Sr Specialist Bldg Ops | C02
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Responsibilities include coordination of daily activities in the dock area, and maintenance/ repairs of building equipment. This cross functional position will help support dock operations as required and supplemental support to the Building Operations team as time permits. Furthermore, dock responsibilities will include directing traffic flow, delivery/ pick-up coordination, maintaining dock equipment, and general upkeep of the dock facilities. Building Operations responsibilities will include repairs and maintenance of plumbing, electrical, building systems and equipment, as well as miscellaneous services to our team member population.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - DOCK FACILITY
1. Coordination of daily traffic flow on the dock, keeping inbound and outbound traffic moving smoothly and safely.
2. Provide direction and assistance as needed for deliveries ensuring efficient turnaround and safe operation.
3. Schedule and coordinate recycling, hazardous waste, and trash pickup services, including organizing recyclables, baling cardboard, processing Styrofoam, etc.
4. Maintain the appearance and organization of the dock area during the day, including sweeping/ cleaning and organizing as necessary.
5. Maintain dock equipment, including general upkeep of carts, fork lifts, balers, compactors, & docks lifts, etc., and coordinate service on equipment with service providers as required.
6. Coordinate use of dock facilities and deliveries for retail tenants as required.
7. Maintain/ document daily dock facility traffic log activities.
8. Obtain forklift certification, and subsequent trainer certification as well as providing and/ or participating in annual recertification sessions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES - BUILDING OPERATIONS
1. Respond to service requests from HQ team members as required and/ or directed.
2. Perform general building preventative maintenance tasks as required and/ or directed.
3. Assist in mechanical, plumbing, and electrical projects as required and/ or directed.
4. Assist in handling special projects as directed to include working with other departments, teams, and/ or contracted vendors as required.
5. Assist in maintaining all electrical, mechanical, and maintenance shop areas for cleanliness, organization, and inventory control.
6. Assist in snow removal efforts as required and/ or directed (in season)
Reports to HQ Building Operations Manager and will also take direction from Chief Engineer(s). Works closely with Distribution Services and Building Operations team. Interacts with all levels of Target team members within the HQ Buildings as needed to complete required tasks.
·High school graduate or equivalent
·One plus year(s) of loading dock or shipping and receiving experience.
·One plus year(s) experience in building maintenance with a good understanding of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and building systems.
·Valid driver's license
·Good communication skills, both written and oral.
·Good interpersonal skills and a high level of diplomacy.
·Good mechanical aptitude.
·Good understanding of safe practices with respect to dock equipment and vehicles.
·Basic computer skills in Word and Outlook.
·Good computer skills in Excel, Word, and Outlook.