Air Quality/Permit Manager
VERSAR, Inc. is seeking an Overall Permit Manager with Air Program, Pollutant Mapping, and GIS experience to fill a contract position supporting the 88th RSC, DPW Environmental Division. The contractor will perform strategic planning for program development, project management and act as a technical expert to assist the 88th RSC over a 19 state region. Provide assistance in interpreting, evaluating and implementing Army, DoD, federal, state and local regulations as they pertain to Environmental resources management. Track, map, monitor, and report progress of compliance issues to the 88th RSC.
The 88th RSC is responsible for Environmental Compliance of approximately 1398 buildings on 298 facilities within a 19-state area stretching from Ohio west to Washington. In order to support these facilities, the 88th RSC, Directorate of Public Works must provide engineering and environmental support service requirements.
Primary program responsibilities include Permit Oversight (CAA, CWA, HW, SDWA), Program Funding, Permit Training, Guidance development, Permit compliance Implementation, Pollutant Mapping and GIS. Work with other DPW & ENV staff, the contractor will coordinate all permits submissions within the 88RSC.
- BS degree in Engineering, Environmental Science or other science related field
- Successful candidates must be a self starter who is prepared to take ownership of projects and multi-task coordination
- Experience working on federal government projects or military projects a plus 5-7 years of progressive experience in environment management or related field
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to environmental management
- Experience working with federal, state and local regulatory agencies a plus
- Excellent oral and written skills
- ravel throughout the 88th RSC region may be required, approximately 15% of time