Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with a local design and manufacturing company in their search for a Buyer/Planner in the Maple Lake, MN area. This is a weekday position with a salary range of $45,000-$55,000.
• Create and maintain relationships with vendors and negotiate with them for goods and services, negotiating the best possible price and service guarantee.
• Discuss/process daily purchase requirements, paying attention to costing, exposure to risk, quality, and existing/needed inventory levels.
• Effectively communicate and provide customer service internally to project managers, sales managers, and others; understanding customer and supplier requirements and managing expectations of all parties to ensure a ‘best in class' experience.
• Work with sales and operations to develop and maintain sales forecasts to ensure the availability of raw materials, then manage inventory levels through all purchasing cycles to ensure timely availability.
• College degree in a business related area preferred but will accept experience in lieu of higher education.
• 3-5 years of purchasing experience.
• Knowledge of purchasing principles and concepts.
• Must be self-motivated with strong computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point and Publisher).
• Experience with international purchasing a plus.
You will be successful in this role if:
• You are a TEAM BUILDER! Collaborating internally with a positive attitude and optimistic approach is crucial to the success of this position. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills a must!
• You are a CRITICAL THINKER! You approach problems in a consistent and systematic way to bring solutions that resolve the root problem.
• You can PLAN and FORECAST! With a dedication to meeting deadlines, being proactive, anticipating future needs, and scheduling, you will have the core competencies to excel in this position.
To be considered for the Buyer/Planner opportunity, please submit a resume to email@example.com. You may also contact the Doherty Recruiter at 218-470-0274 for more information.