5 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The Stillwater Public Library Foundation Board of Directors is requesting proposals for a successful and enthusiastic Event Coordinator to promote and facilitate events on the scenic terrace and event space at the Stillwater Public Library. Under a one-year fixed rate contract, this person will ensure smooth operations of the venue for events such as weddings, anniversaries, conferences, and charity events.
- Promote event space to the public, prepare marketing materials for a variety of channels, and build a following and network for events at library.
- Convey the uniqueness of the venue to prospective clients, book and schedule events, and coordinate all appointments.
- Maintain strong communications with clients and vendors. Coordinate and monitor event timelines, floor plans, invoicing, and payments. Review and analyze event activities to assure compliance with Library policies and to meet legal, health, and safety obligations.
- Develop and execute a budget with goals for revenue growth.
- Perform on-site supervision during events, assist clients, and coordinate parking and vendor deliveries. Proactively handle emerging problems. Ensure client satisfaction.
- Hire, train, schedule, and oversee Event Prep staff. Coordinate event space maintenance and post-event cleanup.
- Work with local law enforcement to schedule security for events.
- Respond to requests and concerns from local community members regarding events.
- Represent the Library’s interests during various internal, external and public meetings. Promote goodwill with neighbors and the community.
- Provide feedback, evaluations, and periodic event reports to the Foundation.
Bachelor’s degree and experience organizing events. In lieu of degree, equivalent extensive event experience.
To apply for this position, please visit www.stillwaterpubliclibraryfoundation.org for proposal requirements. Please respond by May 17, 2017.