Mental Health Biller/Coder
Well established, large psychology/mental health group in St. Paul, Minnesota has an immediate opening for a full-time position.
Summary: Provides daily coding and charge entry for all practice encounters while maintaining billing and coding compliance. Submits claims to insurance companies and follows up to resolve any and all denials and unpaid claims. Collects patient payments and assists patients with making payment arrangements and answering billing questions. Also, responsible for monitoring and pursuing delinquent accounts. This position requires a thorough understanding of correct claim coding and the entire revenue cycle process within a mental health practice. The appropriate candidate will follow each claim from demographic entry through collections, while being responsible for any and all; pre-determinations, pre-certifications, billing, claims submissions, and accounts receivable follow up. Candidate will also be in charge of contacting insurance payers for payment status and appealing claims as necessary. This role requires someone highly organized, very attentive to detail, and someone with excellent communication, problem solving, and customer service skills.
1. Prepare claims by reviewing codes and submit claims electronically.
2. Work with insurance companies, providers and patients to get the claim processed and paid.
3. Review and appeal unpaid or denied claims.
4. Answer patient calls and collect payments.
5. Post patient and insurance payments (if needed).
6. Responsible for insurance pre-determinations and pre-certifications.
7. Participate in monthly billing report reviews.
8. Perform other duties as directed by physician or practice Manager.
- Certification as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) - preferred
- At least 3 years of demonstrated proficient medical billing experience. Mental health billing experience preferred.
- Proficient with coding, medical terminology, ICD-10 and private insurance billing.
- Experience with EMR and its connectivity to the practice management system for claim generation.