Benefits Counselor--MNsure Project Coordinator
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate targeted enrollment and outreach activities with MNsure Project staff and external grant partners to alert eligible individuals about access to health care coverage through MNsure (the MN health insurance exchange);
- Provide direct assistance to clients to obtain health care benefits through MNsure, including informing clients of all health care options, determining eligibility, and assisting with enrollment;
- Provide basic information to other providers regarding MNsure enrollment and questions related to the Affordable Care Act (ACA);
- Collect needed data to maintain quality performance and service delivery including grant reporting and budget tracking;
- Establish and maintain knowledge of public health programs and private health insurance coverage through MNsure;
- Participate in outreach events and other marketing opportunities for MNsure throughout the state;
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with other organizations and MNsure Community Specialist.
- Oversee the training and coordination of MNsure Project staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, social work, human services or other related area or equivalent professional (2-4 years) experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated skill and expertise working with individuals from communities that are disproportionately impacted by HIV, including African American, Latinx, African born, and LGBTQ. Those with lived experiences in these communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills with individuals, professionals, and organizations.
- High level of motivation with attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple priorities under strict deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) and comfortable using other electronic recording systems.
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation is preferred.
Hours: 1.0 full time employment for one year starting on July 1, 2017 with possible renewal for second year.
Open Until Filled.