Payroll Specialist- Eden Prairie, MN
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with an industry leader to hire a Payroll Specialist. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll for 1000+ employees.
- Supervise the Payroll Assistant and oversee the day-to-day operations of the payroll department.
- Supervise the processing of a bi-weekly payroll for 1,000+ employees using UltiPro and is a capable backup for the Payroll Specialist.
- Supervise the processing of sales commission for payment through payroll system.
- Coordinate workflow to ensure payroll is processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supervise the processing of payroll year-end requirements, which include dividend payments, phantom stock payouts, year-end bonus payments, and collecting and adding fringe benefits for W-2 add-ons.
- Interact with managers and employee regarding time/payroll issues.
- Ensure compliance with company policy and applicable local, state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Technical support of time clocks and UltiPro Time Management.
- Reconciles payroll related general ledger accounts.
- Supports payroll related budgeting and auditing activity.
- 4+ years experience as Payroll Specialist
- 2 or 4 year college degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Multi-state, UltiPro software, and CPP nice to have