Audience Services Liaison- On Call
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
St. Catherine University, St. Paul, has an opening for an on call Audience Services Liaison in The O'Shaughnessy. The Audience Services Liaison is a two-part position - this person will be responsible for running events at The O'Shaughnessy, either in front-of-house or in the ticket office. This includes any and all customer, facility, and staff-related issues that may arise before, during, or after an event. This position is up to 10-15 hours a week, on-call, with a flexible schedule that focuses around the theater show schedule.
• Work with Event & Administrative Manager to create safe and effective practices for O'Shaughnessy Events.
• Provide work direction to Usher Staff.
• Disseminate the specific information and task assignments regarding events to the Usher Staff.
• Coordinate with Ticket Office, Back of House crew, and other logistical informants for start of show and intermission.
• Work with Client to address any immediate needs that may arise before, during, and after a show.
• Create detailed performance reports to be sent to all managers at end of show.
• Balance and report concession and merchandise sales; Set up and reconcile all cash.
• Assist with hospitality and receptions needs.
In Ticket Office:
• Handle incoming calls on multi-lined phones.
• Answer questions about the O'Shaughnessy, theater department, and campus events, the college campus
• Sell tickets for any O'Shaughnessy ticketed event, both over the phone and at the door.
• Handle any walk-up, phone, or other customer concerns and questions.
• Handle large sums of money to balance both personal and total sales at end of shifts and events.
• Supervise set-up and reconciliation of all cash boxes.
• Enter, clean-up, and maintain ticketing system data.
• Work with Ticket Office Manager to smoothly implement policies and procedures during events.
• Communicate with House Manager/Back of House staff regarding line and lobby situations.
• Handle IT and Vendini Ticketing System-related issues as needed.
• Mitigate conflicts between ticket sellers as needed; Calmly, rationally, and courteously handle any complex situations.
• Check in with Ticket Office Manager as needed.
• High School diploma (or GED) required; associates or bachelors degree preferred.
• A minimum of one year working in a performing arts venue required; At least one year of sales, communications or working with the general public required.
• Excellent communication, customer service, writing and lead skills, including the ability to provide direction to others.
• Ability to multitask, think quickly and make decisions promptly, react calmly and quickly in stressful situations.
• Ability to be punctual, lead, delegate and initiate.
• Strong keyboarding, phone, and internet skills; proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Experience working in a performing arts venue, in sales and/or with the general public.
• Understanding of basic bookkeeping skills, including working with sales (handling cash, making change, giving/keeping receipts)
• The successful candidate must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
Previous lead work/supervision experience; Usher/House Manager/Ticketing experience; sales, Food Service, Hospitality, or Retail experiences. Experience or Interest in Theater, Dance, Music, and Visual Arts.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer/Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our University is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org