Sr Development Manager - Real Estate
2 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JOIN US AS A SENIOR REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT MANAGERAbout This OpportunityProvide design and development expertise during site selection, due diligence, entitlement acquisition and development process for new store sites. Collaborate with and manage coordination of internal and external partners to determine optimal scope, schedule and budget of project - while managing financial risk during the development process. In addition, collaborate with and provide technical guidance on existing store initiatives affecting Target's real estate.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Senior Development Manager you'll take the lead as you…Requirements
- Evaluates, reviews and resolves physical, regulatory, and schedule constraints impacting the development of Target real estate prior to acquisition:
- Prepares or directs preparation of site plans to maximize Target's location in a development and to optimize physical attributes necessary for maximum store performance e.g. parking, signage and access.
- Selects, hires, and manages outside consultants to prepare capital project request or lease data, and site construction documents consistent with Target's new store requirements.
- Analyzes data, determines real estate project feasibility and provides creative solutions to development constraints.
- Directs meetings involving multi-discipline teams to prepare scopes, schedules and site development budgets for new store projects.
- Negotiates relevant aspects of site development agreements or tenant improvement work letters.
- Collaborate with and manage coordination of internal and external partners to determine optimal scope, schedule and budget of project
- Reviews, negotiates and approves all governmental conditions of approval set forth in land use approvals, which impact the land development of Target sites. Negotiates, communicates and persuades (delivers public presentations to) community groups and public officials in support of Target Corporation developments and tenancies.
- Reviews and approves all easements impacting Target property.
- Assists in the real estate transaction closings by developing or providing required legal exhibits, legal descriptions and development schedules.
- Develops and maintains cooperative working relations with governmental agencies, major civil engineering firms, shopping center developers/landlords and retail real estate counterparts.
- Keeps abreast of current and proposed governmental regulations impacting retail real estate development.
- Develop and implement best practices and process improvements for development manager group.
- Four year college degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture or Landscape Architecture
- In-depth knowledge of property development process
- Strong negotiating, critical thinking, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel (up to 30%) to meet with, deliver in-person presentations to and successfully build and maintain relationships with the external development community and government officials
- Five to ten years of real estate experience in development manager roles with a preference for retail