Shipping and Logistics Manager
Doherty Career Solutions is partnering with the leader in the designing and manufacturing of quality refrigeration products that is looking for a Shipping and Logistics Manager to add to their team. This position will be located in beautiful Hudson WI along the St. Croix River Valley, just minutes from the Twin Cities. Our partner company has earned one of the most respected names in the refrigeration industry.
SUMMARY - Under general direction, manages Logistics and Shipping/Crating activities related to Walk-In, Cabinet, Warranty Service and off site Ware Housing related shipping activities.
Shipping and Logistics Manager Main Duties/Responsibilities:Responsible for Leading and Direction of Shipping/Crating Inventory
- Insure proper storage and accuracy of inventories under the control of the Shipping Department.
- Facilitate accurate and timely cycle counting of items under the control of the Shipping Department. Assist the Cycle Counter with all reconciliations.
- Responsible for the accuracy of daily shipping paperwork to insure that shipments have been made correctly and that work processes support orderliness and organization.
- Communicate and schedule with truck lines for timely shipment of all products (excluding air shipments).
- Audit Bill of Materials (BOMs) and top level errors. Notify the appropriate department (Sales, CAD, Engineering) and determine how they are going to handle the problem.
- Issue Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) to correct Bill of Materials (BOMs).
- Responsible for the research, documentation and reporting of all Shipping Department errors.
- Responsible for the planning, organizing, direction and controlling the shipping activities to meet the company's goals and standards. These activities include proper picking of panels and parts for shipments, proper crating of all panels, parts and accessories, inventory storage plans (internal and off site) for shipping inventory and the accurate and efficient loading of all products.
- Responsible for documentation and reporting of all Shipping Department damage.
- Responsible for trade show preparations. (Setting up products for the sales department to choose and inspect and then shipping products to the specified trade show location.)
- Responsible for the set-up of all test walk-ins (so the quality department can inspect before they are shipped)
- Strong leadership skill set.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Results oriented with focus on assertiveness and proactive approaches
- Considerable knowledge of logistics and supply chain operations and resources.
- Considerable knowledge of legal concepts as related to logistics activities such as freight claims, tax, and import/export.
- Considerable knowledge of methods and criteria used to analyze and evaluate carrier performance.
- Considerable knowledge of international logistics issues including export documentation, duties, tariffs, brokerage fees and containerization.
- Considerable skill in using Microsoft Office software, MRP systems and other data processing resources used in the work.
- Skill in planning, organizing and recordkeeping.
- Considerable skill in communicating orally and in writing.
To submit yourself for the Shipping and Logistics Manager opportunity, please first apply online at www.doherty.jobs then call our Doherty Career Solutions office at 952-832-8390. You may also submit a resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org #EngineeringCareers
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app