Sr Interaction Designer
As an Interaction Design - Art Director you'll bring promotional and editorial designs to life across an ever-changing mix of digital channels to create compelling, cohesive experiences for Target guests. Your primary responsibility will be in support of content that appears on target.com.You will:
- Collaborate with Target Creative digital partners: Strategists, Creative Directors, UX Architects, Social designers, Copywriters, User Interface Engineers, Production Designers, etc.
- Collaborate with Target.com business leaders, Site Merchandise Planners and Project Managers and other .com specific influencers.
- Work with clients to understand business requirements and translate them into solutions that serve the needs of our guests.
- Design and direct effective digital experiences that span channels, platforms and technology.
- Lead with empathy and a willingness to understand guests and their needs.
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Organize and plan details for multiple projects and make timely and quick decisions in order to meet project deadlines.
- Show passion, optimism and drive, yet be able to move forward without all the answers.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to learn and stay current with latest tool, tech, style and graphic trends.
- 4-year college degree and/or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience
- Strong portfolio demonstrating breadth of design and art direction capabilities, particularly typography and use of photography
- Passion for digital thinking, innovation and ideation
- Passion for technology, social platforms and emerging digital marketing
- Understanding of all CS programs and experience with image compositing
- Exceptional eye for detail and ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Photo art direction expertise, providing examples of recent work
- Understanding of digital asset management and content management systems
- Understanding of responsive web design
- Ability to communicate effectively with developers
- Ability to take direction and be flexible and open to change
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at one time and meet tight deadlines
- Interpersonal savvy and listening skills