Planned and Major Giving Officer
Planned and Major Giving Officer
With a donor base of more than 100,000 members, Twin Cities PBS (TPT) has an opportunity to dramatically grow our Planned Giving and Endowment programs. TPT is seeking an experienced full time Planned and Major Giving Officer to develop the strategies, tactics and communications that grow philanthropic support through the Visionary Society and Major Gifts. Through a Loyalty Campaign, we will both enlarge the base of Planned Giving supporters and act as a resource to donors, to assure the best gift planning decisions for themselves, their families and TPT. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in gift planning vehicles and strategies and able to define and implement planned giving marketing campaigns.
- Manages a portfolio of 100-150 top prospects, moving them through the donor cycle and being accountable for metrics of quality contacts, gift proposals and closures.
- Plans and executes a Loyalty Campaign aimed at key segments of the database including general membership, long-term givers, sustaining members and current members of the Visionary, Studio and President’s Societies.
- Employs a variety of marketing techniques including mail, telephone, web and digital to engage and educate donors about planned giving opportunities.
- Works within the Salesforce database to segment audiences, run, record and analyze campaigns, then help prioritize prospects for Planned and Major Giving opportunities.
- Works to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward top donors in a coordinated effort to maximize TPT membership, major and planned giving.
- Deepens relationships with current planned and major donors and presents giving options that benefit donors and their families and that grow TPT’s major gifts and endowment.
- Utilizes all aspects of gift planning and estate vehicles including wills, trusts, gift annuities, insurance, IRAs and retirement assets and endowment giving.
- Writes individual proposals for major and planned gifts including blended asks, endowment or specific program funding.
- Acts as an ambassador for public media and Twin Cities PBS, representing our work, programs, and community impact.
- Help write marketing materials and communications for the planned giving program.
Required Skills and Abilities: Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5-7 years of major gift donor relationship, financial planning, estate planning or planned giving experience.
- Proven fundraising track record, and experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Detailed and in-depth knowledge of planned giving and its complexities including estate planning, tax laws, wills and trusts.
- Proven leadership in campaign fundraising and project management.
- Knowledge and experience in researching and analyzing data to identify planned giving prospects.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to use discretion when handling and communicating sensitive information.
- Ability to travel locally.
- May require some evening and weekend hours for meetings and events.
If you possess the necessary qualifications, please visit our Career Center at http://www.tpt.org/careers/job-openings to apply online.
Twin Cities Public Television is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity / Veteran / Disability employer.