Sr/ Lead Product Owner- Marketing Order Management
SUMMARYDelighting Target guests through quality ads is at the core of our Target marketing mission. To accomplish our goals we are constantly striving to more efficiently scale our campaigns and capabilities. We are seeking a Product Owner to grow into a position and help stand up a new web-based application for internal customers to help improve the planning and execution of marketing campaigns. Are you constantly investigating how things work? Do you have a passion for the digital marketing industry? Are you looking to grow into a career to help solve problems through technology? As our new Product Owner for Digital Marketing you will serve as the bridge between business inputs and technology to provide homegrown capabilities that helps Target scale our marketing campaign efforts through an intuitive UI that promotes best practices! By leading cross functional product development duties for campaign management you will team up with a team of skilled marketers and engineers to help build an intuitive application that solves marketing objectives. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for overseeing the vision, execution and adoption of digital marketing tools to scale.
- Work within the product model by collaborating with key partners and stakeholders to manage inputs and solutions.
- Provide leadership and groom inputs for our for our digital marketing campaign tools.
- Help manage product offerings and strategy; develop new ways for Target and Target's vendor partners to execute digital marketing campaigns through DoubleClick for Publishers, DoubleClick Bid Manager, DoubleClick Campaign Manager, Facebook, Pinterest and related ad tech products.
- Identify immediate and/or upcoming user needs, then work with the team to develop a product plan that addresses them.
- Strategically evolve and grow existing products and services to constantly deliver better marketing business outcomes.
- Gather product requirements, user flows, and documentation for projects in development.
- Prioritize features and tasks for the product using internal tools (Scrum tools like JIRA, Confluence, VersionOne, Waffle, Trello, etc.) to track and review the product direction and current work frequently.
- Manage collaboration and communication with other teams - both internal and external - to ensure teams have what they need and can work efficiently.
- Partner with marketers and engineering to create tools / platforms that are intuitive, scaleable and iterative.
- Ensure stories clearly communicate the customer and stakeholder needs to meet key business objectives and strategies for the product.
- Maintain and refine backlog: create user stories and acceptance criteria and prioritize all stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum business value that align with product strategy.
- Work in a Scrum team to ensure alignment around similar goals and objectives and attending all Scrum ceremonies.
- Encourage the open exchange of information and viewpoints.
- Inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance while committing to the organization's direction.
- Foster a sense of urgency to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles.
- Research and recommend new tools, features and / or products in the ad tech space that will improve team and department efficiency.REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ years in digital marketing in areas such as ad servers, ad delivery, campaign execution, media planning or ad operations.
- 2+ years in product role or equivalent
- Experience in the ad tech ecosystem such as media planning tools, ad servers or ad operations
- Experience within marketing channels - inclusive of digital, traditional, video, or social
- Experience with content management systems and ability to facilitate communication between business and tech teams
- Familiarity with Agile environments (e.g. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Proficiency with breaking down complex subjects into tangible and relatable subjects
- Exceptional communication skills
- Highly detailed oriented with excellent organization skills while managing multiple ongoing projects
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Bachelors degree required or equivalent experienceNICE TO HAVE
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)