Director of Admissions - Dougherty Family College
6 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Director of Admissions within the Dougherty Family College.
The Dougherty Family College is the newest college of the University of St. Thomas, opening in the fall of 2017 on the downtown Minneapolis campus. Offering an associate degree in liberal arts, the college's curriculum will be rigorous and provide graduates with a seamless transition to public or private institutions should they decide to pursue a bachelor's degree. Students will receive mentoring from St. Thomas faculty, participate in paid internships and enjoy the benefits of being part of the state's largest private university. For more information about the Dougherty Family College, please explore the website HERE.
The Director of Admissions/DFC reports directly to the Dean and Executive Officer of the Dougherty Family College. The incumbent oversees all recruitment and admissions events and activities involving first-year students and second-year students looking to transfer to a four-year institution. The Director of Admissions/DFC works closely with the Dean/Executive Officer to identify, establish and implement innovative recruitment and financial aid strategies designed to achieve university objectives with regard to academic quality, diversity, headcount and net revenue goals. Integration and functioning as a liaison and collaborative partner with admissions staff on the St. Paul campus is also an expectation.
The incumbent provides leadership to a dedicated and committed staff of professionals, currently numbering two. The Director of Admissions/DFC uses analytics and data analysis to make informed, strategic decisions, using current technology to achieve maximum results while also employing a “personalized” recruitment model to expand the university’s recruitment footprint. The Director of Admissions/DFC possesses a strategic mindset, inspires staff while exhibiting a collegial, team-building management style. This individual collaborates with faculty, staff, coaches, and alumni to deploy a marketing plan that is consistent with the university’s brand efforts to attract high-ability students from diverse populations who will be successful students and proud graduates of the University of St. Thomas.
Other related projects, duties and responsibilities may be assigned as deemed necessary.
- In partnership with the Dean/Executive Officer, develops and implements annual and long-range recruitment efforts, including marketing, branding, communications, application development, yield strategies and participates in the formation of financial aid strategies designed to achieve optimum enrollment of first-year students. Develops and implements plans for the recruitment of students who meet or exceed standards with regard to academic, diversity, headcount and net revenue goals established in consultation with the university’s senior leadership team. Establishes and implements the process by which students successfully transfer to a four-year institution.
- Collaborates with data experts to utilize analytics and data analysis to make informed decisions; evaluate and interpret various reports and data elements to make effective enrollment management decisions, convey results to staff in a collaborative fashion to keep the DFC focused on moving forward towards attainment of institutional objectives. Develops written marketing, communication and recruitment plans and ensures that staff understand and support these efforts.
- Provides leadership, inspires, supervises, hires, trains and directs the combined efforts of first-year, transfer, and visits and events staff. Creates and maintains the highest standards of integrity, creativity, intellectual curiosity and professional ethics both personally. Assists with the development and implementation of new student orientation with the intent of continuing valuable connections with students as to set up a relationship for future transfer purposes.
- Works with offices and individuals across campus and alumni engaged in the identification and recruitment of prospective students; demonstrates and nurtures collegial relationships with constituents across campus; is accountable, visible and openly communicates with prospective students, their families, faculty, staff and internal and external stakeholders.
- Works collaboratively with Financial Aid staff to annually develop, implement and review financial aid strategies that support recruitment goals while strategically allocating university financial resources.
- Serves as the chief admissions officer, both on and off-campus; participates in regional and national professional development opportunities to stay informed of best practices and to positively represent the university.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.Qualifications:
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and seven years of direct admissions experience. Night and weekend work required. Travel required. An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
Preferred qualifications: Master’s degree in a relevant field, and proven ability to manage programs effectively and with positive results.
Knowledge of: Principles, practices and procedures of program administration; enrollment management principles and practices, including goal setting, program development, implementation and evaluation, and the management of employees; principles of e-recruitment initiatives (Social Media, BLOG, web writing, etc.); relevant computer hardware and software applications, familiarity with Banner and Salesforce preferred; principles and practices of budget development and administration; techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in-person and over the telephone, occasionally when relations may be confrontational or strained; principles and techniques of effective public speaking.
Skills in: Planning, organizing administering, coordinating, reviewing and evaluation a variety of admissions and financial aid programs and services; providing customer services in the most cost effective and efficient manner; developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, procedures, work standards and internal controls; ability to manage programs effectively, develop creative solutions and implement them; take research and use it to improve and redefine a process; preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials; ability to troubleshoot, and improve process through redesign; using appropriate computer hardware and software; using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines; using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with those contacted in the course of the work; must have excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to work well with prospective students, parents, currently enrolled students and other staff members; dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good.
The University of St. Thomas is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and the goals of affirmative action/equal opportunity. The University welcomes nominations and applications from a diverse applicant pool.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than “Jobs at St. Thomas”, the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer