Executive Store Intern ( South Jersey)
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Internship
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers.
When people say they love Target, they're usually talking about visiting one of our around 1800 stores. That positive & welcoming in-store experience is one of the things that sets our brand apart. And it's made possible by the leaders in our stores who guide, train and support their teams.
In this role, you'll gain a realistic job preview into life as an executive team leader. You'll learn how to lead, motivate and influence a team, including the opportunity to lead a department. It's your leadership that guides your team to achieve sales goals and maintain budget controls. We'll be supporting you with extensive training to help you grow as a strong executive team leader intern.
- 10 weeks paid program (40 hours per week)
- Learn to lead, motivate, and influence while shadowing ETL mentor
- Exposure to senior leaders
- Develop business acumen through leadership and position-based training
- Introduction to different departments within the store
- Focus on career and personal development
- Potential opportunity for full-time placement
- Awarded the opportunity to lead a key department
- Desire to pursue a career in retail management
- Leadership and strong decision-making skills
- Strong initiative
- Team-oriented thinking
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
Undergraduate interns are eligible for a number of benefits just for being a team member, including a 10 percent Team Member Discount, access to a toll-free NurseLine, access to the Target Health & Wellness Web site, access to the Team Member LifeResources, a resource offering free support and information, and discounts on a variety of other resources.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) serves guests at around 1,800 stores and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit to communities, that giving equals more than $4 million a week. For more information, visit Target.com/Pressroom. For a behind-the-scenes look at Target, visit ABullseyeView.com or follow @TargetNews on Twitter.