Financial Reporting & Internal Control Manager
Financial Reporting & Internal Control Manager- Shakopee
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with our client to hire a Financial Reporting & Internal Control Manager. This position is primarily responsible for external financial reporting including periodic SEC filings. This position will also oversee proper SOX compliance initiatives.
- Perform external financial statement preparation including quarterly, annual and periodic reports filed with the SEC. Assist in the quarterly and annual external audit process.
- Perform accounting research as needed relative to new and existing accounting standards and coordinate the implementation efforts.
- Assist in the quarterly and annual external audit process.
- Coordinate the Company's SOX section 404 compliance program including assessment of controls.
- Support and promote internal control standards to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist in preparing the department operating budget, monitor progress and take action on budget variance items.
- Convert financial data into meaningful business information for presentations to senior management.
- Support investor relations efforts such as quarterly earnings release and ad hoc requests.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting or related field is required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in finance/accounting with direct oversight of SEC reporting and SOX compliance is required.