Staff Accountant- Brooklyn Center, MN
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed up with a manufacturing company to hire a Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for managing transactional accounting duties, general ledger, and month end reporting.
Direct Hire opportunity
$45-50K (potential flexibility)
- Account Receivable duties; Apply Cash, Set-up & maintain customers and Collection on past due accounts.
- Accounts Payable duties; Set-up & Maintain vendors, code invoices, process expense reports and complete weekly check run.
- Cash Management; Monitor bank accounts & complete transfers, process ACH transactions, and maintain Cash Spreadsheet.
- Asset Lending; daily reporting spreadsheets, monthly reset reporting, and quarterly audits.
- Sales reporting; complete the weekly sales reporting package (end of each week), run reports out of SAP, complete reports and distribute reports via e-mail.
- Month End; Reconcile Accounts, complete journal entries, process sales and use tax and process commissions.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules; insure proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
- Prepare correspondence as needed within the department.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice – by the Senior Accountant.
- 2+ years of Accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred, or Associate’s Degree with additional experience
- Experience with SAP and/or manufacturing environment a plus