Sr. Accountant- Red Wing, MN
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with our client to hire multiple Accounting roles. The role is responsible for assisting in the enhancement, development, and implementation of process initiatives related to month-end close, financial reporting, business operations and process improvement. Role requires experience with improving companies' transactional and decision support processes, enhancing underlying technologies, and refining organizational designs required to make each individual process more effective and operate in an efficient matter.
- Provide technical assistance on major transactions and business development, reviewing disclosure and reporting information, communicating practices and procedures for proper financial control, working on implementation of new or revised accounting standards, ensuring compliance with accounting and governance policies and procedures, ensuring the monthly close is effective by analyzing the income statement/balance sheet/KPI’s, ensuring compliance with GAAP, monitoring of system conversations, and working with Internal/External Auditors.
- Leads special projects, such as implementing internal controls for acquired companies or the design and implementation of controls over new business processes. Provide project management oversight for finance works streams.
- Identifies risks related effectiveness of internal controls, policies, and procedures involved in the business change, providing direct support to business units undergoing changes (i.e. systems, processes, procedures) while considering technical guidance from the applicable governing bodies i.e. IRS and other taxing authorities, FASB and COSO, by leveraging expertise from the respective finance functional areas such as Tax, Treasury or General Accounting.
- Develops solutions to highly complex and uniquely challenging problems. Assignments require extensive evaluation of alternatives and intangible variables.
- Partner and collaborate with process owners on corrective action activities related to non-compliances and process improvement as well as in obtaining requirements for business solutions.
- Liaison with business units, sales, marketing, operations and legal as necessary to ensure appropriate evaluation of transactions in accordance with US GAAP and company policies.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives within the department and support cross-functional company initiatives as a representative of the finance function. Benchmark processes to best practices and implement solutions to improve efficiency, productivity and controls.
- Prepare documentation for system processes, controls and procedures.
- Assists Business Technology team in testing and implementation of new solutions. Develop an understanding of financial systems and aid in efforts to utilize functionality.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably in the area of Finance, Accounting or a related field from an accredited College or University
- Previous experience in public accounting required, audit preferred
- CPA or CMA designation preferred.
- 5-7 years of progressive responsibility in accounting and finance
Apply for Sr. Accountant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly