Quality Engineering Manager
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Doherty Career Solutions has partnered with a leading supplier in the wood cabinet industry that has production facilities across North America for over 65 years. Our client is currently seeking a Quality Engineering Manager at their corporate facility in St. Cloud MN that will bring improvements to the company with their technical engineering knowledge and management skills.
Quality Engineering Manager Main Duties/Responsibilities:
- Manage the development and application of quality requirements and standards for development and manufacturing products.
- Manage the design and implementation methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection across the company.
- Promote and execute quality standardizations on inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports across the company.
- Review new product specifications and change requests to ensure specifications are correct and communicated to the customer and facilities.
- Develop, execute, and analyze quality-reporting measures.
- Report to management on quality and continuous improvement issues, trends and losses.
- Review supplier purchase orders and establish supplier quality requirements.
- Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality assurance and assure that effective corrective action is implemented across the companies facilities.
- Manage the organization and execution of Quality and Continuous improvement projects.
- Interface with the management team to deploy continuous improvement as a way of life.
- Develop necessary training programs within Quality and Continuous improvement.
- Interface best practices between areas in general and within Quality and Continuous improvement techniques and results in particular.
- Develop and implement a continuous improvement strategy, timescales and goals.
- Assist operations in the establishment and implementation of an effective communication strategy for the improvement and awareness of Continuous Improvement Plan issues plant wide.
- Manage engineering change orders from customers or internal requests and get agreement from all parties.
- Manage and coordinate all manufacturing to define optimal set-up for Bill of Materials and routes.
- Manage the E21 Configuration by facilitating communication with all facilities.
Quality Engineering Manager Key Requirements/Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or manufacturing engineering.
- Broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control.
- Diverse knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques, and documentation
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal), including technical writing
- Strong computer skills including QA applications, word processing, spreadsheets and databases