Manager of Grounds and Custodial
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
This position is responsible for managing the economic and physical resources of the Custodial Services, Grounds Care. Responsible for: staff development, team building, training programs, and providing leadership/guidance for the dept. Ensure quality assurance for the work being performed.
Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
• Manage/Coordinate the daily and special project work of the custodial staff, including general cleaning, bulb re-lamping, snow removal, large event set-ups, furniture moving, project cleaning: carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, floor refinishing, construction clean up, resident hall and apartment cleaning.
• Develop and manage budget for staffing, supplies, equipment, repairs, and outside services and oversee service agreements; process payment of invoices.
• Conduct quality assurance inspections: informal/unscheduled and formal/scheduled.
• Staff development and training, team building, and performance coaching.
• Staff recruitment including developing staff needs, initiating paperwork to hire, coordinate with Human Resources and custodial supervisors to conduct interviews and reference/background checks.
• Establish, order and maintain supply and equipment inventory levels; review products, equipment, and services available with existing/new vendors; perform cost effectiveness comparisons.
• Train/develop receiving and supervisory staff in their responsibilities.
• Provide support/training to custodial supervisors to maintain daily operations; Set standards and goals.
• Develop and maintain organizational and departmental relationships; Coordinate needs as it relates to department, special requests, events, and complaints regarding services.
• Other duties as assigned
• Completion of an associate degree in business or a related field required.
• 5 years supervisory/management experience in a custodial/janitorial department required; experience in University or institutional setting preferred.
• Ability to train, coach, and motivate staff and supervisors; Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must possess knowledge of janitorial supplies and cleaning equipment, cleaning procedures, special project techniques and maintenance programs.
• Ability to develop and maintain a large budget.
• The successful candidate must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer/Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org