Administrative Assistant & Office Administrator
Administrative Assistant & Office Administrator
Join the exciting world of unattended refreshment and food solutions with Best Vendors, the largest national account management company in the industry. As part of Compass Group, the 6th largest employer in the world, Best Vendors gives you the opportunity to work with Fortune 500 companies, learn from some of the brightest and most experienced minds in the industry, and become part of a diverse team committed to providing the best possible service to our clients and customers each day. We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing top level talent—if you’re up for the challenge, contact us today. We think you’ll feel right at home!
Forbes agrees that Best Vendors is a great place to work – Compass Group ranked on Forbes’ 2015 list of Best Employers, and in 2016, Compass Group ranked #33 on Fortune Magazine’s list of global companies changing the world.
A fresh approach to great results
We have an exciting new position of Administrative Assistant & Office Administrator that supports Managers and Associates throughout the Best Vendors organization. This position performs a wide variety of general office tasks to relieve staff from routine administrative matters, and acts as the company’s office administrator.
More specifically, in this role you’ll be able to:
General administrative duties
- Perform general office duties, including copying, laminating and faxing/scanning
- Compose memos, and draft letters
- Print and bind presentations
- Order flowers, fruit baskets, gift cards, etc.
- Order business cards and office supplies
- Company organization charts
- Constant Contact newsletters, emails, surveys
- Convert and/or edit files
Schedules & Meetings
- Schedule interviews and coordinate all logistical aspects and communications
- Schedule meetings and conference calls, and reserve BV and building conference rooms
- Coordinate meeting room set-up/take-down
- Prepare beverage and necessary food options for senior management or guest meetings
- Coordinate dinner reservations
- Schedule new Hire on-the-job training meetings
- Liaison to landlord’s maintenance and security departments, and Property/Asset Manager
- Vendors: Coordinate and resolve non-landlord repair and maintenance issues with appropriate vendors, and field requests for new services
- Order and stock supplies
- Private office, cubicle and storage areas: Order, secure, maintain & coordinate repair
- Communicate to Associates: Housekeeping policies, landlord notifications, safety issues, office-related issues, etc.
- Special Projects and Project Management: Field and project manage special requests, identify areas for improvement, assist with additional Cubes and Office furniture needs, etc.
- Support with diverse projects, logistics and ad hoc requests from a variety of internal sources
- Advanced proficiency in, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point, and ability to easily learn new software as needed.
- Advanced time management skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize projects and deadline requirements, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Must demonstrate solid written and verbal communication, including proof-reading capabilities and ability to write clear and concise emails.
- Solution-oriented with a ability to think through entire issues/project/task to foresee pros and cons
- Strong service orientation, and a willingness to assist others.
- Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Must possess self-confidence, initiative and tenacity.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of information, and handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail.
- Some analytical ability is required to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems and prioritize work.
- Must have knowledge of office administrative procedures, and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment.
- Must be able to type 60 wpm.
- Understand and apply project management principles
- Basic understanding of buildings & mechanicals or aptitude to learn
Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Three years of experience in administrative and support staff activities at the assistant level.
- Business school/administrative assistant certificate or an Associate’s degree preferred.
- Office administrator experience is strongly preferred
If you find our company intriguing and the position sounds like a great fit … what are you waiting for? Click Apply Now!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Keyword Search: Administrative Assistant, Office Administrator