Associate Director, Research and Outreach
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Associate Director, Research and Outreach position within the Libraries Department.
This position provides the leadership and guidance needed to accomplish the user services goals of the University Libraries and to develop high-quality, innovative, and user-oriented services to a diverse body of students and faculty. The AD for Research and Outreach is responsible for fostering a highly collaborative team, engaging in effective working relationships within the department; developing and maintaining a dynamic, service oriented program in library instruction, liaison services, student engagement and outreach to faculty and other units on campus; and effective cooperation and teamwork across library departments and with other units on campus. This position serves on the Library Management Team to help develop and implement the Libraries’ vision and goals.
Develop and provide high-quality, innovative, and user-oriented services to a diverse body of students and faculty, including:
- In collaboration with the UST Libraries management team, prepare, describe and implement a vision for the long range development of the UST libraries’ user services, incorporating innovations in instruction, outreach, assessment, the use of technology, appropriate organizational structures/roles for library staff and library space to meet the strategic goals of UST.
- Provide leadership in developing a highly effective, highly collaborative team of reference and instruction librarians by selecting, supervising and evaluating staff, including encouraging positive behavior, providing effective communication within the department and across departments; managing change and resolving conflict.
- Together with the Associate Director for Access and Digital Services, provide for high quality Reference/Research/Information/Consultation/Instruction Services to library users. Provide reference and instructional services as needed.
- Serve as liaison for selected departments, including working with faculty, providing instructional services and working with students as needed.
- Represent the library as needed at University meetings, events and on faculty/academic committees.
- Maintain and enhance professional skills through regular and meaningful professional development activities.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.Qualifications:
Minimum qualifications: M.A. in Library Science from an ALA accredited Library School and six years progressively responsible experience in an academic library. Must have demonstrated familiarity with the contemporary role of libraries in higher education and be able to articulate a vision for the role of the library and demonstrate the Libraries’ capacity to contribute to the teaching, learning and research mission of the university; demonstrated successful experience in leadership, supervision and teamwork, evidence of involvement in professional associations (ALA, ACRL, etc.); experience integrating technology effectively into the work of the library itself and in support of the educational mission of an academic institution;
Preferred qualifications: Second Master’s degree strongly preferred. Experience leading and administering a user services department, including instruction, outreach, student engagement and faculty relations. Experience with “marketing” and outreach in an academic library strongly preferred.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than “Jobs at St. Thomas”, the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer