Sr ER Paralegal, Investigations
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JOIN US AS A SR PARALEGAL About This OpportunityConducts investigations required to respond to employment-related charges filed with administrative agencies, drafts written responses to charges, collects pertinent data and responds to agency requests for information on Target's behalf. Assists with legal matters by collecting and organizing information, managing case files, assessing risk based on investigation and making recommendations on defense strategy, providing information and direction to outside counsel, tracking and analyzing data related to administrative charges, and collaborating with Attorneys and Lead ER Paralegals. Builds great team and client relationships.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr Paralegal, you'll take the lead as you…
- With guidance from Attorneys, conducts the investigations required to respond to employment-related charges filed with administrative agencies, drafts written responses to charges, collects and analyzes pertinent data and responds to requests for information on Target's behalf. Assists with development and execution of defense strategy with Attorneys and outside counsel, including analysis of risk, to drive favorable results in the most cost-effective manner. Attends mediations as needed, negotiating as necessary, and makes recommendations on whether to settle claims. Analyzes charge trends to identify training needs.
- Gathers, analyzes and coordinates distribution of relevant documentation and information to outside counsel to ensure timely and accurate filing of responses to administrative charges. Facilitates outside counsel communication with employees. Trains outside counsel on Target policies and practices.
- Works closely with Lead ER Paralegals and Attorneys in providing guidance to HR and ER/LR field partners in assessing company exposure on a variety of employment related issues and recommends solutions as appropriate by analyzing pros and cons, alternative strategies, past and best practices, etc. Understands HR and business objectives and strategies.
- Manages the status of claims filed with administrative agencies and keeps Lead ER Paralegals and Attorneys advised of developments.
- Independently prioritizes own work. Works autonomously to represent the ER team in various projects, such as the development of litigation and charge management tools, revisions to company policies or practices related to the employment of team members, and other company initiatives with team member impact.
- Functions as a professional team player within the ER/LR team.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Four-year degree or equivalent, job-related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Strong written, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to establish effective, trusted team and client relationships
- Organized, able to prioritize work
- Able to manage multiple large projects simultaneously
- Paralegal degree or certificate or HR experience