Swanson & Youngdale, Inc.
Estimator (Commercial Division) Minneapolis, MN
Swanson & Youngdale, Inc., is a nationally recognized painting and drywall contractor with a mission to be the best finishing contractor in both commercial and industrial markets. We pride ourselves on providing superior quality, leadership and services to our clients.
Swanson & Youngdale, Inc. is headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with division locations in Duluth, MN and Beulah, ND. We are seeking a full time motivated, self-starting individual to join our Minneapolis team as an Estimator in our Commercial Division.
Job Title: Estimator
• Analyze documentation to prepare labor, material and equipment cost estimates
• Meet deadlines and complete work in timely fashion
• Assess cost effectiveness of products and services by tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops
• Consult with Architects, General Contractors, Vendors, Project Managers and other departments in order to formulate project estimates as well as changes to the project
• Prepare detailed quantity estimates used by management for purposes of planning, organizing, scheduling and performing the work
• Review labor, material and equipment requirements to determine best practices for projects
• Two-year degree in related field or equivalent experience – Four-year degree desirable
• Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of employees as well as clients in a professional manner
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and typical office software/hardware
• Familiarity with cost estimation software
• Proficient in construction drawing and specification reading
• Strong mathematical skills
• Ability to analyze, compare, and interpret detailed information
• Ability to make sound and accurate judgments
• Excellent prioritization/time management skills
Competitive wage package depends on experience, includes health insurance, dental insurance, 401K, Employees Stock Option Plan (ESOP), and paid time off.
Employment is subject to passing a drug screen.
Please submit your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at 952.545.4435.