7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Doherty Career Solutions is seeking a Project Checker for a position with one of the world's largest, most innovative precast concrete suppliers. This is a Direct Hire opportunity with initial screening by Doherty. Compensation range is $36,000-$52,000 based on experience and skill set.
PROJECT CHECKER RESPONSIBILITIES
• Checks erection drawings for dimensional accuracy to construction documents and general conformance to specifications, application of project details, standard operating procedure, and engineering requirements
• Checks early material takeoffs for procurement, as well as production material sheets and final order quantities
• Checks erection/site material sheets for conformance to design and drawings, as well as for accurate quantities
• Checks pour tickets for accuracy to erection drawings, formatting, and clarity
• Reviews, publishes, and submits all pour tickets and material orders from outsourced drafting firms
• Signs off on finalized erection drawings and ensures finalized drawings are provided to Project Management
• Coordinates with other departments as non-conformances occur to resolve the issues quickly and efficiently
• Monitors the general drafting workflow on assigned projects for adherence to standard operating procedure and schedule tracking
• Completes special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned
• Assumes role of mentorship and coaching in both indirect and direct, assigned scenarios
• Project Checker / Sr. Project Checker will directly report to the Drafting Manager of their respective location.
PROJECT CHECKER REQUIREMENTS
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and general knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, and other computer software programs
• Two years extensive prefabrication checking experience preferred, in either precast or steel industries
• General geometry and trigonometry skills
• Proficiency in reading and understanding construction documents and shop drawings
• Ability to visualize details within the production/erection process
• High School Diploma or GED
• Associates Degree in Design, Computer Aided Drafting or Occupational Proficiency Diploma related degree preferred but not required.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com. You may also call the Doherty Recruiter at 218-470-0274 for more information.