Environmental Field Technician
Interpoll Laboratories, a full service environmental laboratory, has an Environmental Field Technician opportunity available. The Field Technician is part of a team of environmental professionals that collect air emissions from smoke stacks located at ethanol plants, corn mills, utilities & cogeneration facilities, mineral processing plants, and pulp & paper mills as well as many other manufacturing facilities.
The Field Technician position is entry level. Responsibilities include:
- Air sample collection at industrial facilities by way of sampling ports on smoke stacks.
- Preparing solutions and equipment needed to collect samples.
- Maintaining and calibrating, assembling, operating, and repairing of stack testing equipment.
- Transporting equipment and samples to and from jobsites meeting DOT/CMV driver requirements.
Candidates must be able to work in all types of weather conditions and comfortable standing, kneeling, climbing stairs and ladders, and lifting up to 100 lbs. on a frequent basis. Work days are frequently in excess of 8 hours; weekend work is rare. The Field Technician works under the supervision of the Field Engineer.
Overnight travel and field work is required as the majority of work is performed within a 400-mile radius of Circle Pines, Minnesota.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and hold a valid driver’s license. Must have/maintain a clean driving record.
- A degree in a science field is preferred but not required. Experience is not necessary.
- Must be mechanically-inclined, eager to learn, and a self-motivator. Strong problem solving skills required with the ability to learn procedures with minimal training.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to interface directly with team members and clients.
- Must meet Department of Transportation standards for CMV drivers, including physical and medical requirements, and pass substance abuse screening. As a safety sensitive employee, is subject to random substance abuse checks.
Interpoll Laboratories offers several health plan options. We also provide a 401k retirement plan, life insurance, long term disability insurance, holiday pay, paid time off, uniform allowance and per diem.