BestMark is one of the nation’s largest customer experience measurement and mystery shopping companies. Our Fortune 50 and Global 500 clients represent some of the most innovative and successful customer-focused organizations in the world. We are a recognized leader and innovator in our industry, and the analytic teams play a critical role to maintaining this position.
Founded: 1986. Headquarters: Minnetonka, MN. Website: www.bestmark.com
Job Description / Key Accountabilities for this Position
These key accountabilities are ranked in order of importance and include the % of time in a week/month that the Accountant will spend on each Key Accountability.
- Accounting & Financial Leadership – (80%) Provide financial clarity to the Company by managing the accounting and financial duties assigned to the position.
- Accounts Receivable/Billing/ Invoicing – (25%) Responsible for ensuring all Company billable services are invoiced to the customer accurately and timely. Maintain accurate customer information including the application of customer payments. Monitor and take appropriate action on all past due customer invoices.
- Banking & Cash Management – (10%) Ensure all deposit funds are properly directed to the bank accounts and Company payments are for valid, approved business purposes.
- Accounts Payable & Purchasing – (15%) Monitor that purchases are for valid, approved business purposes, payments by the Company are accurate and timely, payments are properly coded for financial presentation in the general ledger, and all related reporting is completed properly and timely.
- General Ledger and Reporting – (15%) Ensure that the general ledger is updated accurately and timely, the month-end close process is completed on schedule and the general ledger fairly matches the formatting of the monthly reporting package (limits modifications to reflect preferred presentation).
- Other Accounting Duties – (15%) Perform various other duties and procedures as set out on the written Desk Procedures for the position to ensure Company reporting requirements.
2. Operations Leadership – (10%) Ensure the highest level of service delivery to all operations departments requiring financial and accounting data to help perform their departmental processes. This includes providing metrics information, suggesting cost reductions, allocating departmental costs and other improvement suggestions.
3. Human Resources – (5%) Support and measure the Company’s human resource activities to ensure compliance. Participate in Company training and development to be part of a high performance organizational team.
4.Team Building – (5%) Participate with others in the Company through effective communication, conflict resolution and development to assist in building a high performance operations team.
- Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Expert with QuickBooks
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office (Basic Excel, Word, etc. required)
Desired Leadership Characteristics & Skills
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Personal accountability and self-management
- Self-starter/results oriented
- Active listening
- Sense of urgency in responding to external and internal customers
- Stays in tune with industry intelligence and emerging trends
Measures of Performance (vs. budget)
- Sales revenue
- Net income
- Monthly close on scheduled deadline
Qualified applicants only, please forward your resume with specific salary requirements to email@example.com.
Apply for Accountant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly