Sr. Accountant -Minnetonka, MN
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with a leading communications and technology company to hire a Senior Accountant. This position is responsible for supporting all general accounting activities including journal entries, general ledger, accounts payable/receivable, cash management, travel and expense accounting/compliance and direct debit maintenance.
$75,000-85,000 plus Bonus
- Primary liaison for quarter and year-end financial SOX audits, including audit lead schedules, supporting analysis and interaction with the external audit team.
- Actively engaged in maintaining and improving our accounting policies, narratives and process flow charts as they relate to our SOX compliance program.
- Provide analysis and reconciliations of assigned general ledger accounts, take corrective actions for incorrect variances, and provide management with insight on trending and analysis.
- Oversee the maintenance of the company’s fixed asset transactions which includes maintaining FAS, ensuring proper classification and approval of CER’s and their conformance to budget, review monthly depreciation and amortization journal entries and maintain related roll-forward schedules.
- Support all general accounting activities, as necessary.
- Support the Accounting Manager to mentor and guide employees by identifying strengths and weaknesses and provide constructive feedback.
- Assists with IT and Systems related projects for Finance. Specifically serves as secondary contact for ERP LN, NetSuite, and other accounting-related applications.
- Provide assistance on other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5 + years of accounting experience. Combination of public and industry background preferred.
- SOX experience required
- Exposure to ERP systems (Oracle, NetSuite, or equivalent)