2 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JOIN US AS A FABRIC ENGINEER Under the overall direction of the fabric leadership, partners with Suppliers to develop fabric according to Target process and calendar and executes technical approval process to ensure fabric is viable for product. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Fabric Engineer, you'll take the lead as you…Research
- Maintain a working knowledge of government regulations, safety protocols and Target performance standards for textiles.
- Continuously assess benchmarks and competition in comparison to owned brands; identifies and presents opportunities to improve business growth.
- Work with Business Partners to stay current with trend, innovation and new technology pertaining to raw materials, fabric, manufacturing advances and applications; identify and drive opportunities for Target.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Matrix and Business Partners' capabilities.
- Accountable for Fabric Development Process and Calendar Adherence; makes recommendations for process/calendar improvements as appropriate.
- Expert knowledge of Fabric Construction Analyses and interpretation.
- Hold Business Partners accountable to Target's standards and expectations; identify opportunities for Supplier training and elevation
- Create and route fabric technical specifications; owns a brand(s), subtype(s) or category.
- Take partners to understand business initiatives and strategies; identifies opportunities for Target as a result.
- Maintain on-line and physical libraries.
- Maintain tracking and reporting systems as appropriate.
- Execute technical approval process, including validation of development testing results.
- Provide timely resolution to all issues relating to fabric development.
- Provide technical expertise as needed to cross-functional teams.
- Prepares and presents information independently in order to persuade partners.
- Provides mentorship and guidance to peers and team members.
- May lead projects/committees outside of normal responsibilities.
- 4 year degree - Engineering Degree or equivalent based on specialization
- Three to five years related industry experience
- Proficient technical knowledge of yarn spinning and processing, weaving and knitting processes, fabric dyeing, printing and finishing.
- Knowledge in the manufacture of cut and sew product.
- Strong problem solving skills and creative thinking skills
- Strong project management skills