Industrial Service Manager
Doherty Career Solutions is hiring for an Industrial Service Manager. The Industrial Service Manager will oversee the successful operation, growth and delivery for the company's industrial service line (ie: industrial cleaning, decontamination, decommissioning, etc.) and/or market sectors. Technical Expertise:
- Directly responsible for providing overall planning, organization, delivery of services, and execution of projects to include forecasting, setting objectives, anticipating changes, securing and budgeting resources, structuring tasks, establishing priorities and timelines, and preparing for future opportunities.
- Previous experience managing, bidding and supervising industrial cleaning, decommissioning and decontamination projects at manufacturing and industrial facilities.
- Previous experience and chemical safety knowledge of cleaning chemicals, detergents, flammable solvents, acids, bases, and oxidizers as well as other hazardous substances and hazardous wastes highly recommended.
- Work out "winning" competitive bid strategies by developing job-specific profit and overhead mark-ups, assumptions in methods and production rates, risks associated with assumptions and contract conditions, identifying all health, safety and environmental concerns, and making clear-cut "bid/no-bid" recommendations.
- Manage the service area team in a manner which maximizes individual/team capability and productivity.
- Promote regular open communication with all staff by listening to others ideas and being open to feed forward and feedback.
- Schedule staff resources; delegate, direct, and coordinate team/individual activities to complete tasks/projects and achieve objectives while utilizing internal and external resources effectively. Effectively manage team to minimize indirect, non-billable time.
- Directly responsible for maintaining and developing productive client relationships.
- Create and maintain strategic alliances with key subcontractors, researching competition and market pricing, and regularly informing senior management of potential bid opportunities and status.
- Prepare and present internal and external technical presentations, brown bags, and facilitate presentations with customers, as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Experience managing industrial service, waste management or construction projects.
- Extensive knowledge of industrial services, construction and environmental methods and associated costs.
- Experience executing T&M and Fixed Price Performance-Based projects.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with clients and subcontractors, and vendors.
- 40 Hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training.
- Proficient personal computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet usage, and estimating software.
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state and local environmental regulations including RCRA, CERCLA, TSCA, OSHA, DOT.
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app