Data Scientist - Digital Media
Star Tribune is looking for a Data Scientist who is obsessed with advanced analytics and loves creative problem solving. This role will use data science and statistical methodologies to better understand the Star Tribune user and develop strategies to increase engagement and loyalty across Star Tribune’s digital products.
- Use data science and statistical methodologies to increase acquisition, engagement, and loyalty for Star Tribune’s digital products.
- Analyze complex data sets and uncover insights that will drive business growth initiatives.
- Develop a system for processing large and complex data sets using relational databases, querying tools, statistical packages, and visualization software.
- Design and deploy machine learning algorithms to drive personalization and predictive modeling strategies.
- Formulate recommendations and present findings to Star Tribune leadership in a clear and concise manner.
- Identify key performance indicators and collaborate with engineering to automate reporting systems that will deliver results to stakeholders.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Business, Marketing or Economics or commensurate work experience
- 2-4 years of experience with digital analytics, statistics, and/or data science
- Experience working with relational databases, including large scale data processing
- Experience with statistical software packages (R, Spark, SAS, SPSS, Microsoft Azure)
- Proficiency in R, Python, and/or SQL programming languages
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Excel.
- Experience with web analytics (Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics) a plus.