Employee Relations Specialist
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS SPECIALIST
Doherty Career Solutions is currently seeking an Employee Relations Specialist for an exciting opportunity in the Thief River Falls, MN area. This is a Direct Hire opportunity with initial screening by Doherty Career Solutions. Our client offers a competitive hourly wage plus a comprehensive benefits plan including health, life, dental, vision, long term disability, vacation, PTO, holidays, and 401K.
The Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for the development and administration of the company's employee relations program. This position interfaces with employees and various government agencies. This individual must be extremely perceptive and be able to relate to individuals at all levels within the organization and must be sensitive to employee goodwill and the needs of the business.
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS SPECIALIST RESPONSIBILITIES
• Advise management and supervisors regarding personnel practices, policy and employment laws and provide high-quality advice and service on daily employee relations and performance management issues. • Demonstrate a solid knowledge or expertise in employment law and ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
• Serve as an expert for investigations and conflict resolution, especially in matters involving alleged discrimination, harassment or legal involvement.
• Recognize trends of behavior and recommend solutions to leadership.
• Uphold a customer-focused philosophy and attitude consistent with company standards.
• Identify ways to improve policies and procedures for the betterment of the organization and it's employees.
• Assist and administer unemployment insurance processes; review liability reports and monitor program costs; and recommend policy changes to HR leadership.
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS SPECIALIST REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field or equivalent level of experience, training and education.
• 2-5 years of progression HR experience with an emphasis on employee relations.
• Demonstrate proven behavioral skills, including customer/client focus, ethical conduct, personal credibility, positive attitude, attention to detail, professionalism, initiative, time management, proficient communication and relationship management.
• Experience working within a progressive disciplinary system
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Experience using HRIS system
Preferred Qualifications/Selection Criteria:
SHRM-CP®, SHRM-SCP®, PHR® and SPHR®.
To submit yourself for the Employee Relations Specialist opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Doherty Recruiter at 218-470-0274 for more information.