Temporary Ranked Faculty - Advanced Montessori Programs
St. Catherine University Advanced Montessori Programs in the Department of Education invites applicants for a temporary ranked faculty position beginning Summer 2017, pending budget approval. Possible permanent appointment dependent on program enrollment. Rank and salary are commensurate with education and experience; the position is annually renewable.
Responsibilities: Instruct and develop courses for new online and hybrid baccalaureate Early Childhood Education programs with an anti-bias and anti-racist focus (including advising, developing curriculum, and teaching hybrid/online courses). Instruct courses in online Montessori Master Degree program (including advising, developing curriculum, and teaching online courses); participate in department and university meetings and committees; and assist in the development of new academic initiatives.
• An earned Master’s Degree in education or a closely related field from an accredited institution is required. Doctorate or ABD preferred.
• The qualified candidate must have a minimum of five years teaching experience (pre-primary through post-secondary), and a current or previous teaching license. Higher education and/or online teaching or learning experience preferred.
• Familiarity and appreciation of the Montessori Method is essential.
• Preferred Montessori credential in Early Childhood (Primary), Infant/Toddler or Elementary with a minimum of five years Montessori teaching experience at credentialed level (credential must be from AMI, AMS or equivalent Montessori credential from an accredited institution).
• Background in literacy, special education, and/or educational technology and knowledge and experience related to dismantling racism, oppression, and bias in education is preferred.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, social justice, and multicultural understanding. Consistent with the university’s Catholic identity, its commitment to women, diversity, the liberal arts, and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research, and service.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer; Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org