Materials Manager II
Inginaire is looking for a Materials Manager for Daikin in Owatonna, MN. Our client is a Fortune 1000 company, and the largest supplier of HVAC and Refrigeration equipment in the world.
This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity!
This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity!
- Oversees all activities related to procurement of purchased parts and commodities for their assigned area, from intent to purchase through delivery
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability, and prepares market analysis reports as directed
- Establishes and implements teams, methods and best practices related to systems and processes that support inventory, forecasting, purchasing and inventory control
- Prepares strategies for various purchased parts and commodities, recruits, develops and maintains supplier relationships that provide high quality products and services at a good price, ensuring solid Supplier relationships that are able to meet Company growth and sourcing requirements
- Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid
- Reviews purchase orders, contracts, bids, proposals and vendor agreements for legal correctness, conformance with company policy, and quality/acceptability of items to specifications, price, delivery and service. If Supplier Scorecards are used, develops, maintains and manages the scorecard process to evaluate and monitor supplier performance
- Negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority. Negotiates supply agreements and counters price increase demands, and prepares strategies for various purchased parts. Works with other departments as required accomplishing these tasks
- Coordinates with production, engineering and other departments to ensure smooth flow of materials and parts that meet product specifications, and coordinates substitute materials/parts as appropriate and maintains the appropriate level of inventory to meet demand
- Analyzes and evaluates inventory and delivery problems and recommends solutions. Responsible for the accuracy of inventory counts and, in conjunction with Finance, developing and maintaining an inventory control system. Will work with Finance to identify and eliminate excess inventories if applicable
- May direct actions to resolve problems with on-time delivery of purchased parts or commodities. Acts as negotiator when supply deliveries default
- Directs actions to resolve problems with quality.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, suppliers and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action
- Arranges for the sale of scrap and obsolete/surplus materials and products if required
- Maintains procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories, as required. May develop methods to monitor and improve these processes
- May organize, supervise, and direct the work of warehouse personnel engaged in receiving, issuing, and delivering supplies and equipment, and the shipping personnel, through subordinate supervisor/manager
- Where required, responsible for warehousing and kitting of purchased parts. May also be responsible for scheduling and/or shipping functions
- Uses lean principles of supply chain management to minimize inventory levels and develop one piece flow techniques
- Achieves financial objectives
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College in business or related field
- 7 + years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience