6 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Join Minnesota’s most technologically advanced eye care center and work in our state-of-the-art award-winning facility.
This individual is responsible for assisting patients calling with prompt courteous service regarding LASIK, their procedures, reschedules and general patient inquiries. This individual works in conjunction with the surgical counselors by assisting them as needed in order to promote patient confidence in their medical care and to make the surgical experience as smooth as possible.
- Answers incoming LASIK/surgical department calls in a professional manner.
- Expertly answers all telephone inquiries from patients, their families, or primary care physicians concerning surgery and/or related concerns.
- Assists patients with scheduling and rescheduling surgeries and all related post-op visits, including outside referring ODs.
- Provides patient counseling and scheduling as directed.
- Initiate and follow-up on contact with web requests.
- Prepares surgery folders.
- Makes reminder calls to all upcoming LASIK surgery patients.
- Preparation ofLASIK charts.
- Scanning of surgical charts and correspondence from outside co-managed doctors.
- Follow up of unscheduled patient list.
- Assists in the LASIK center.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year of ophthalmology experience or ability to get your OMA within 6 months of hire.
- Experience with LASIK, Advanced-Technology IOLs, refractive surgeries preferred.
- Ability to meet customer expectations and requirements on a timely basis
- Valid Driver’s license and own vehicle
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively without close supervision
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Proficient in internet use and Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High level of customer service.
- Management of multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Motivation to learn and succeed.
- Empathetic personality giving attention to patient’s needs and concerns.
- Maintains healthy, respectful relationships with all co-workers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
- Positive attitude, mature, conscientious and accountable
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Hours: 8:00 am - 4:30pm
Apply for LASIK/Surgical Scheduler
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly