Corporate Support - FT (Mail Room, Entry Level, Customer Service, Admin)
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
SFM -- THE WORK COMP EXPERTS. We’re more than just insurance!
…Ideas... …Innovation... …Imagination…
Since 1983, SFM’s mission has been to be the workers’ compensation partner of choice for agents, employers, and their workers. While we’ve expanded to over 15,000 customers in the Midwest, and have grown our offerings to include vocational rehab, safe patient handling, loss prevention, medical services (and more!), our focus continues to be unrivaled customer service, injury prevention, and results.
Corporate Support participates as an active member of the corporate services team by projecting a professional, customer-friendly image of the Company through mail room and other office support activities while helping to promote a paperless office initiative. Sorts and prepares daily print jobs for mailing and scans closed claims and legal files. Performs other assignments as needed to support the team including possible phone reception back-up.
- Operates printers, folding machines, postage meters and other office equipment.
- Sorts, and prepares daily print jobs for mailing. Familiarity and use of a folder/inserter is required for this procedure. Meter the prepared mailings under the appropriate postal codes. Deliver to the USPS or designated area within the appropriate time frame.
- Delivers and picks up company mail across the organization, sorts street mail and handles any Company special mailing needs daily.
- Scans closed legal and claims files. Reviews images for clarity and positioning. Maintains the paper copies of scanned documents for the appropriate length of time. Performs routine maintenance on the scanners.
- Monitors and reports on inventories of envelopes and postal supplies.
- Performs other assignments as required to support the corporate services team and the business units. This may include clerical updates of database information, collating materials to create marketing packets, mailing resource requests, or special projects and other customer service-type duties.
--We’re looking for--
- High school diploma/ GED.
- Post-secondary education with emphasis on administrative office courses, and/or related work experience, preferred.
- Prior insurance office experience, a plus.
- Ability to operate printers, folding machines, postage meters and other office equipment.
- Strong prioritization, organization and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills in order to interact in a team environment and effectively communicate with a diverse group of customers and other parties.
- Superior customer service; customer-friendly focus.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook), preferred.
- Solid data entry and typing skills with an emphasis on grammar and punctuation, preferred.
- Frequently lift 30 pounds.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Frequently stand, bend, stoop, and lift above shoulder height.
- Frequently move from one side of the building to another.
- Occasionally push/pull a wheeled cart.
- Infrequently sit at a computer/desk to enter data.
--Exciting & rewarding--
SFM was named a MN Top Workplace in 2015 and it’s not just because we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive insurance plans. We want our employees to feel proud, at home, and appreciated! Here are just SOME ways we show it:
- Alternative schedules -&- flexible hours for WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Relaxed, professional environment - BE YOURSELF
- Traditional -&- Roth 401(k) retirement plans with employer MATCH
- Charitable giving with employer MATCH
- PAID day to volunteer in the community
- SFM Foundation scholarship program
- Career mentor -&- development programs
- Company training -&- education reimbursement
- Wellness -&- safety programs
- FREE ON-SITE fitness center
- ON-SITE café -&- sick, new mother, -&- child care rooms
- FREE employee assistant plan (EAP)
- PAID holidays -&- leaves
- FREE short -&- long-term disability -&- life insurance
- College savings, adoption assistance, -&- savings bonds
- Pre-paid legal -&- identity theft protection
- Auto -&- homeowner’s insurance DISCOUNTS
- MERSC, Verizon, -&- gym membership DISCOUNTS
- Voluntary cancer, accident, -&- critical illness insurances
- FREE parking
- And MORE!
- Click to APPLY! -&- Find out why SFM employees have stuck around for 30+ years!
- Check Us Out @ www.sfmic.com/careers -or- https://www.youtube.com/user/SFMcompanies for more information.
If you feel any of your responses to the online profile or application will reveal your protected classification(s), do not provide that information. Do not provide high school dates of attendance or graduation. The online application and profile allow you to upload a resume/cover letter instead of manually entering all of your information.
If you need assistance during the application or interview process due to a disability, please contact Human Resources at (952) 838-2083 so accommodations may be discussed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SFM Mutual Insurance Company and each of its parent companies, subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital, familial, or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected classification.
SFM Companies, EEO/AA Employers.