Aviation Engineer III
2 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Aviation Engineer III
Join something great!
Collaborative teams. Creative work environment. Life-changing projects.
KLJ, a market-leading engineering, planning and professional services firm, has an immediate opening for a highly motivated and results oriented Engineer to join our Aviation team in Sioux Falls, SD.
Our reputation as a great place to work resonates within each community we serve. At KLJ, you will be part of innovative teams that combine creativity with adaptability leaving lasting solutions for future generations.
What began as a small, family firm in 1938 has evolved into a dynamic leader in engineering excellence. We seek creative, smart and ambitious professionals from recent college graduates to experts with more than 40 years experience. As an employee-owned firm, we invest in our futures through innovation and hard work. We develop lasting infrastructure that responds to the social, civic and economic needs of our communities and achieve success by going above and beyond to deliver practical solutions for our clients and become experts in our field.
As an Engineer for KLJ you will be responsible for providing engineering services for KLJ projects in a timely, accurate, and cost effective manner. The Aviation Practice Area has the need for an experienced Engineer in Sioux Falls that can manage clients and projects as a team player/builder. The work involves runways, taxiways, aprons, terminal buildings, roads, parking lots, water service, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, and all facets of work related to airports.
- May respond to RFPs and lead interviews
- May prepare forecast of workload and monitor backlog
- May be responsible for workgroup financials and quality goals
- May market to existing or potential clients and obtain work
- May serve as a project engineer, project manager, or client manager and provide overall project oversight
- May have supervisory responsibilities for group members and support staff including hiring, promoting, terminations, performance reviews, and training
- Public involvement may include reports, graphics, presentations, and other visual material
- A four year degree in civil engineering is required
- A PE is required
- Experience level is a minimum of 4+ years in aviation
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
- Previous experience in senior level management is preferred
- 14 CFR Part 139 certification and commercial service airport experience is preferred.
At KLJ, we have a vested interest in personal, financial and professional health. Our competitive benefits and compensation program helps employees achieve their goals.
M/F/Vet/Disability /Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Closing Date: 6/20/2017