Aviation Planner III
Aviation Planner III
Join something great!
Collaborative teams. Creative work environment. Life-changing projects.
KLJ, a market-leading engineering, planning and professional services firm, has an immediate opening for a highly motivated and results oriented Aviation Planner to join our Aviation team in Sioux Falls, SD.
Our reputation as a great place to work resonates within each community we serve. At KLJ, you will be part of innovative teams that combine creativity with adaptability leaving lasting solutions for future generations.
What began as a small, family firm in 1938 has evolved into a dynamic leader in engineering excellence. We seek creative, smart and ambitious professionals from recent college graduates to experts with more than 40 years experience. As an employee-owned firm, we invest in our futures through innovation and hard work. We develop lasting infrastructure that responds to the social, civic and economic needs of our communities and achieve success by going above and beyond to deliver practical solutions for our clients and become experts in our field.
As a Planner for KLJ you will be responsible for providing planning and program management services for KLJ projects in a timely, accurate, and cost effective manner. The Aviation Practice Area has the need for an experienced Planner in Sioux Falls that can
manage clients and projects as a team player/builder. The work involves runways, taxiways, aprons, terminal buildings, roads, parking lots, water service, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, and all facets of work related to airports.
- May serve as project manager on designated projects
- Participate in and facilitate meetings with stakeholders and clients
- Public involvement may include reports, graphics, presentations, and other visual material
- Confer with project team members and clients to lead, prepare, and participate in project proposals and interviews
- Assist with design, plans, specifications, reports, maps, schedules, estimates, data collection, and documents and agreements as needed
- May plan, organize, coordinate, prioritize, and monitor client relations
- A Bachelor’s Degree in planning, civil engineering, or a related field and 10+ years of experience is required
- Previous experience in senior level management is preferred
- 14 CFR Part 139 certification and commercial service airport experience is preferred
- A Master’s Degree is highly desired
- An AICP is preferred
At KLJ, we have a vested interest in personal, financial and professional health. Our competitive benefits and compensation program helps employees achieve their goals.
M/F/Vet/Disability /Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Closing Date: 6/20/2017